WILDFIRE RISK REDUCTION
In an effort to reduce the risk of wildfire, PG&E will prohibit and/or restrict certain recreation activities during times when our Fire Index Rating is elevated.
When the Fire Index Rating is Very High:
- Use of charcoal grills will be prohibited.
When the Fire Index Rating is Extreme:
- all fires will be prohibited
- smoking will only be allowed within vehicles/RVs
When the Fire Index Rating is Extreme Plus:
- all fires and flames will be prohibited, including petroleum and LPG devices
- the following activities will be restricted to within vehicles/RVs: smoking, use of generators, use of battery powered devices with motors, extension cords, devices with power cords
Additional wildfire risk mitigations and prohibitions that aren’t tied to the Fire Index Rating are posted in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Reservations made between Monday April 1, 2019 and Sunday April 14, 2019 of 7 nights or more at group campgrounds and individual campsites are not refundable at any time for full or partial refunds.
*North Shore, Marmot Rock and Trapper Springs Campgrounds - the water systems are currently not in service. Be prepared to bring water with you to last the duration of your stay. The camping fee is being reduced where applicable.
*Phillbrook will open on 7/12/19
* Lodgepole will be closed for the entire 2019 season in suport of a dam repair project. Normal camping schedule is expected to resume in 2020.
* Spaulding Lake Recreation Area Lake Spaulding will be OPEN for the 2019 season.
* Upper Blue Lake 2019 Closure Due to planned work at Upper Blue Lake Dam and surrounding campgrounds all recreation located around Upper Blue Lake* will be closed to the public for the entire 2019 season. Recreation around Lower Blue Lake will be open.
The closures include the following campgrounds: Middle Creek, Middle Creek Expansion, Upper Blue Lake Dam Site, Upper Blue Lake Dam Site Expansion, Upper Blue Lake. The closure includes access to the Grouse Lake/Granite Lake Trailhead and all boat ramp access to Upper Blue Lake.
*BELDEN DAY USE AREA CLOSURE ALONG HIGHWAY 70
PG&E's Belden Day Use Area in the Feather River Canyon along Hwy 70 will be closed to public access beginning March 15, 2018 to approximately October 2019 due to a highway project by Caltrans that proposes to reconstruct the Hwy 70 bridge over Yellow Creek. The PG&E day use facility will be used as a construction staging area by Caltrans for this project and will be closed to public use during the term of the project. Caltrans will provide alternate recreation parking and portable toilets during the project at a site across the Belden Bridge in Belden. This temporary day use parking site will be located on PG&E property along Howells Rd and is intended to allow for continued public use of area trails and stream/river reaches during the project. Caltrans will provide signage in the area directing users to the alternate recreation parking site as well as how to access area trails around the construction closure. For highway project information please contact the Caltrans Public Information Officer at D2PIO@dot.ca.gov.