RESERVATION WAITING ROOM COMING IN APRIL 2020
PG&E has been working hard to improve your experience with making reservations on Opening Day.  In April 2020 when our system opens for making reservations for the 2020 season, we will be using a &ldquowaiting room&rdquo to regulate the demand on our system.
This means that during times of high demand for reservations, the system will restrict how many people can be making a reservation at once in order to avoid overloading the system.  When a customer enters our website, they will be assigned a place in line, in the order they log onto our website.  Customers will not be able to get in line prior to the stated date and time of the opening.  Once you are in line, the system will keep you updated as your place in line advances.  When it is your turn, you will enter the reservation website and will be able to process your reservation.
Please continue to check back for more information as we get closer to the 2020 recreation season.
RESERVATION SYSTEM OPENING DATES
The PG&E campground reservation system will open for 2020 season reservations as follows:
- April 6, 2020 at 8am - Reservations of 7 days or more (14 day maximum)
- April 20, 2020 at 8am &ndash all other reservations (2 day minimum)
2020 SEASON NOTICES
Lodgepole Campground will be closed for the entire 2020 season in support of a dam repair project. Normal camping schedule is expected to resume in 2021.
- UPPER BLUE LAKE 2020 SEASON
Recreation in at Upper Blue Lake Dam and surrounding campgrounds located around Upper Blue Lake will be reopened to the public for the 2020 season.  We appreciate your patience during construction.
- Grizzly Forebay Recreation Area (parking lot and car-top launch) will be closed through most of the 2020 recreation season due to a maintenance project at the dam. Public vehicles will not be allowed down Grizzly Forebay Road (road closure).  Visitors may still reach (walk-in only access) the reservoir from Grizzly Power House Access Road (east end of reservoir). The maintenance project is planned to begin in May 1, 2020 and the expected reopening expected is approximately November 20, 2020. Bucks Penstock Road will experience heavy truck traffic during this time so visitors should use caution and obey any Plumas National Forest Closure Orders/Notices and or posted road closures.
- HIGHWAY 70 CLOSURE
PG&E's Belden Day Use Area in the Feather River Canyon along Hwy 70 will be closed to public access beginning March 15, 2018 to approximately December 31, 2020 due to a highway project by Caltrans that proposes to reconstruct the Hwy 70 bridge over Yellow Creek.  The PG&E day use facility will be used as a construction staging area by Caltrans for this project and will be closed to public use during the term of the project.  Caltrans will provide alternate recreation parking and portable toilets during the project at a site across the Belden Bridge in Belden.  This temporary day use parking site will be located on PG&E property along Howells Rd and is intended to allow for continued public use of area trails and stream/river reaches during the project.  Caltrans will provide signage in the area directing users to the alternate recreation parking site as well as how to access area trails around the construction closure. For highway project information please contact the Caltrans Public Information Officer at D2PIO@dot.ca.gov
WILDFIRE RISK REDUCTION
Upon arrival, check the bullitin board for the current fire index rating.  Be prepared for the index to change daily.
In an effort to reduce the risk of wildfire, PG&E will prohibit and/or restrict certain recreation activities during times when our Fire Index Rating is elevated.
When the Fire Index Rating is R4 (Very High):
- Use of charcoal grills will be prohibited.
When the Fire Index Rating is R5 (Extreme):
- all fires will be prohibited
- smoking will only be allowed within vehicles/RVs
When the Fire Index Rating is R5-PLUS (Extreme Plus):
- all fires and flames will be prohibited, including petroleum and LPG devices
- the following activities will be restricted to within vehicles/RVs: smoking, use of generators, use of battery powered devices with motors, extension cords, devices with power cords
Additional wildfire risk mitigations and prohibitions that aren&rsquot tied to the Fire Index Rating are posted in our Frequently Asked Questions.